>> Support our “The Real State of the Union” event in Brussels on September 9!
DiEM25 was launched in February 2016 in Berlin. Since then we have held major events in Vienna, Rome, Athens, Dublin, Hamburg and beyond. Each one of these events – along with our activists’ tireless work in between! – has strengthened our capacity to bring about change, by bringing to the movement more allies, supporters and members who believe a real, progressive alternative to the status quo is possible. And in March, we launched our progressive, internationalist socio-economic agenda, the European New Deal. This is our answer to the question: What should we do to stabilise our Union and save it?
Now, with our friends behind us, our movement is heading for the heart of the EU: Brussels, at the magnificent BOZAR theatre. This is the battleground where Juncker, Merkel et al, unable and unwilling to put forward a progressive agenda for Europe that would reverse its decline, capitulated on the European project, instead proposing inane ideas like ‘multiple speeds;’ and ‘variable geometries’.
>> We can shatter the status quo.
Our event in Brussels is a vital step for real change in the EU. If the event is successful, it will allow us to:
- create a nucleus of DiEM25 activists in Brussels
- ensure that our proposals for progressive change take root in EU policy circles
- help us build a key part of an international progressive alliance to influence policy, guide our long-term decision-making, and save our Union
- conduct the first of many DiEM25-activist workshops aimed at strategically brainstorming and agreeing on a list of actions on how we, as grassroots DiEM25 activists, can take our work to the next level and produce sweeping change from the ground up
>> We need your help to make it happen!
Your donations will contribute to:
- Flights and accommodation of some of the speakers coming from all across Europe (€ 2500)
- Logistical costs (€ 1000)
- Grass roots 5-hour workshop for 100 DiEM25 activists and volunteers (€ 1000)
- Communication team, website, print-outs and posters to promote DiEM25 and the European New Deal (€ 1500)
- Artistic intervention by DiEM25 Voice (€ 1000)
DiEM25 gets no public funds or government grants of any kind – we depend exclusively on our members’ financial support.