DiEM25 members have collectively decided on this issue. Become a member in order to be eligible to vote next time!
Germany-specific appendix to the European program
All European Spring parties must support the European Spring program in full, but they may add some local-flavour additions as long as these don't contradict the rest of the program.
For Germany, there has been a discussion in the European Spring forum with the result that members want to add the following to our program in Germany: German program with additions in grey print.
In summary, the added text concerns:
- confirm our commitment to rule of law, the UN's sustainable development goals and human rights
- lower voting age to 16
- more European solidarity for member states with high unemployment
- European social security number
- convert Germany to 100% renewable energies by 2035 while continuing to shun nuclear power
- tax kerosene, reduce subsidies to the airline industry, VAT on international flights
- no patents on seeds
- more regulation on use of chemicals and heavy metals
- increase repairability of everyday items
- wealth tax on very great wealth
- tax companies in the country where they earn income
- fair distribution of asylum seekers in order to prevent big camps in Southern Europe and to allow quick processing of their asylum
- help refugees worldwide, as most of them don't even reach Europe
- make it easier for refugees to get permission to work
- ban nuclear weapons
- reduce cost of military and soldiers
- rethink security politics: away from the arms race towards a global cooperative peace and security architecture
- women's quota for supervisory boards
- strengthen citizens' data sovereignty
- promote cultural diversity and reject racism, antisemitism, islamophobia and political/religious totalitarianism
- promote volunteering
- better protection of the press
Do you agree?